Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kawai Joy

I play the piano.  I love to play the piano.  It is a stress reliever as well as a soothing activity when I'm all keyed up.  *ha ha*  My mom taught me my first song (I still have it memorized) when I was four years old....

I've played on a variety of pianos over the years.  When I lived in Germany, I even played on a Steinway.

BUT

My favorite piano (brand) of all time is Kawai.  My piano teacher bought a Kawai grand when I was taking lessons and I played on them in choir concerts when I was in school.  I play on an upright every week, actually, at church.  Kawais are the piano of choice for the LDS Church.  :)

One of my life long fantasies is to own a Kawai baby grand.  It brings me great joy to play on one...

Fortunately, I have that opportunity often because I play the baby grand in our chapel during services.  I was able to do so last week while my son was playing basketball in the gym.  I sneaked into the chapel and played my favorite hymns out of the hymnbook for about 45 minutes.

Pure.

Unadulterated.

JOY.

No comments: